League of Honor
Financial contributions provide the base from which to build a solid foundation for promoting and preserving the history of Wisconsin's veterans. By enlisting your help, the Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation will be able to further the museum's high standards in public programming and first-class exhibits. Together, we will keep veterans' history alive.
Donations can commemorate an event, provide a memorial for a loved one, or acknowledge the support of an organization. A listing on the League of Honor wall located in the lobby of the Wisconsin Veterans Museum affords individuals or organizations with perpetual recognition. You may contribute to the Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation by completing the attached application form. For more information on the League of Honor program, please contact (608)261-0536.
The Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation makes funds available to the Museum to support special projects the Museum has identified. Please join us in supporting one of the special projects listed here:
- Wisconsin Civil War Battle Flag Conservation – Join the effort to preserve these precious flags before they’re lost to history. Learn more here.
- Acquisitions – Help the WVM acquire significant objects and archival materials.
- Traveling Exhibit Fund – Support traveling exhibits at the WVM.
- Education Fund – Support educational initiatives at the WVM.
Gifts of Appreciated Stock
A contribution of long-term appreciated securities entitles you to a charitable deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities. This option allows you to avoid paying capital gains taxes on these securities.
Information to make a gift of stock to the Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation:
Broker/Dealer: Robert W. Baird & Co.
Account #: 5747-0445
Account Name: Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation
Charitable Remainder Trusts
The Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation offers several ways for you to make a gift while retaining income for yourself and/or another beneficiary through charitable remainder trusts. This kind of trust may enable you to:
- Provide for yourself and another beneficiary
- Save on estate and inheritance taxes
- Generate an income tax deduction
- Avoid capital gains taxes
Bequests: Put the Foundation in Your Will
A will is an effective way to help preserve Wisconsin's veterans heritage.
Gifts of Life Insurance
Life insurance offers an attractive method for making a substantial gift for charitable purposes.
To discuss Planned Giving, please call (608) 261-0536”
Honor a Veteran
Honor a veteran by making a gift today in his/her memory or in honor of your special friend/relative. This gift will help support the Wisconsin Veterans Museum's extraordinary educational programs and award-winning exhibits. This is an excellent way for you to recognize their service and sacrifices they made to our country.
Gifts in honor or in memory of your special friend/relative will receive special recognition in the Wisconsin Veterans Museum’s quarterly publication, The Bugle.
The Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation thanks you for making this special gift in honor / memory of your special friend / relative. If you provide us with the appropriate information below, we will make sure the appropriate person(s) are acknowledged.
- Will include information on sponsorship opportunities
- Will include link to Corporate Membership benefit information
- Have list of corporate supporters who’s giving level lets them have their name/logo on the page
- JOIN US online