September 13, 2018
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
The Wisconsin Veterans Museum is pleased to partner with the Madison VA Hospital, Transition and Care Management Team to host the 2018 Post-9/11 Veteran Welcome Home Event. This year’s Welcome Home Event will provide Veterans an opportunity to learn about a variety of exciting resources to help capture, express or document their stories. Veterans will also have the opportunity to learn about VA healthcare, benefits, and resources.
Featured Presenters include:
- Yvette Pino – OIF Army Veteran, Founder of the Veteran Print Project & Wisconsin Veterans Museum Traveling Art Exhibit Coordinator
- Ellen Brooks – Oral Historian for the Wisconsin Veterans Museum Oral History Program
- Erin Celello – UW-Whitewater Creative Writing Professor and Author. Founder of an English Composition course intended for veterans, ROTC members and military family members and Tutor for the Veterans Writing Project.
- Thor Ringler – VA Marriage and Family Therapist and Founder of My Life, My Story: A VA program that interviews Veterans about their lives and experiences.
Other Resources that will be available:
- VA Hospital, Transition and Care Management Team: Serves Post 9/11 Veterans and are proud to assist, advocate and connect veterans to VA healthcare services, benefits and resources.
- Team RWB, Madison Chapter: “Enriching the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity”
This event is free and open to anyone who served post-9/11. Registration is free. Register below!
Questions? Contact Ellen Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608.261.0537