FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wisconsin Historical Society and Wisconsin Veterans Museum to Hold Ribbon Cutting and Media Tours of the State Archive Preservation Facility
Media Advisory: Wisconsin Historical Society and Wisconsin Veterans Museum to Hold Ribbon Cutting and Media Tours of the State Archive Preservation Facility
When: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- 10:15 am Ribbon Cutting
- 10:30 am Tours of building space
- 12:00 pm End of event
Where: State Archive Preservation Facility, 204 South Thornton Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703
What: Ribbon cutting to open new State Archive Preservation Facility followed by short (30 min.) tour of the facility.
Tours will include the following stops:
- Station 1: Conservation lab: Society & WVM will showcase archival and three-dimensional objects.
- Station 2: Wisconsin Veterans Museum – 1st Floor West (This stop will showcase custom shelving, to include flag drawers for the state’s Civil War battle flag collection.
- Station 3:HVAC Room – 2nd Floor
- Station 4: Wisconsin Historical Society – 2 or 3 West (The Society will showcase archive material)
- Station 5: 4th floor area – (This stop will showcase the Society’s three-dimensional objects storage space).
Why: This new building will offer state-of-the-art environmental and physical security for Wisconsin’s most important historical and cultural resources.
Interview opportunities: There will be interview opportunities with Christian Overland, The Ruth and Hartley Barker Director of the Wisconsin Historical Society, Michael Telzrow, Director of the Wisconsin Veterans Museum, Matt Blessing, Administrator of Library, Archives and Museum Collections at the Wisconsin Historical Society, Jennifer Van Haaften, Assistant Director of the Wisconsin Veterans Museum as well as legislators that will be in attendance.
NOTE: This is a media event and not open to the public.
# # #